How to Port Vodafone to Jio and how to Port Vodafone to Jio permanently on Android and How to Port Vodafone to Jio online at home
Reliance Jio is the biggest telecom operator right now in India. Because of its nationwide 4G VoLTE connectivity and Cheap rated postpaid and prepaid plan, makes jio very popular in India. Reliance jio is the only one in the telecom industry that gives its consumers cheap rated voice calls, internet charges, and good network quality giving jio huge popularity. So jio is now everywhere from Kashmir to Kanyakumari.
This operator sells cheap rated prepaid and postpaid plans to attract customers. It also offers benefits including Disney+ Hotstar VIP access and complimentary subscription to Jio apps. Additionally, Jio provides benefits such as packs for in-flight connectivity and long-validity packs specifically for prepaid customers.
You can easily port your mobile number to both prepaid and postpaid services of jio through online and offline channels. But before the port, you have to keep your original Proof of Address(POA) / Proof of Identity(POI) documents handy. The proof could be your driving license or Adhaar card or any other documents.
Jio also provides doorstep delivery of the new SIM card like other operators. But you also have the option to visit a nearby Jio Store or Jio Retailer with your mobile phone to complete the porting process. You can also use the MyJio app on your phone to book the delivery of the new SIM card.
In this article, you’ll get a step-by-step guide on how to port a Vodafone to Jio mobile number in prepaid or postpaid service. The Mobile Number Portability (MNP) process takes almost 48 hours in the case of an intra-circle port.
However, if you’re changing your telecom circle, it may take almost four days. The porting process is expected to take 15 days for Jammu and Kashmir, Assam, and customers in North East India.
How to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number online at home
Now we will talk about how to port Vodafone to Jio’s mobile number online. If you don’t want to go out and visit a jio store, Jio lets you get the delivery of your new SIM card online. But before the online procedure, keep your original Proof of Address(POA) / Proof of Identity(POI) documents handy. If you follow this step not only Vodafone but also you can port from any other mobile operator to jio. So follow this simple step.
- Frist visit the official website of Jio.
- Type “port” in scarch bar and click scarch option.
- Now enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- Now, click the Generate OTP button. This will send a six-digit one-time password (OTP) to your mobile number in the form of a text message.
- You need to enter the number and validate the OTP by clicking on the Validate OTP button.
- Now provide your address details of your locality, PIN code, flat/ house number, and landmark.
- You’ll now see a Confirm button that you need to click to submit your SIM delivery request.
A Jio executive will then call you to get an appointment for the delivery of the new SIM. You need to ask them for the MNP facility on the call and generate a Unique Porting Code (UPC) from your mobile phone by sending an SMS message. Type “Port” followed by your 10-digit mobile number and send it to 1900. The code you will get in response is only valid for four days (30 days in the case of Jammu and Kashmir). You’ll need to share that code along with your address and ID proof with the executive visiting your place.
How to port vodafone to Jio using MyJio app
Reliance jio gives you a great opportunity to port Vodafone to jio with the MyJio app. If you don’t want to port online and have the MyJio app, you can also book the delivery of the new SIM from the app as well. The Jio executive will go to your doorstep and give you a new Jio SIM. So just follow these steps to port from any mobile number to Jio at home with the MyJio app.
- Go to the MyJio app and then click Not a Jio user? which will appears at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll now see a pop-up with an option Port-in to Jio, click that option.
- Now enter your full name and 10-digit mobile number.
- If you have entered the name and mobile number, click the Generate OTP button.
- Now fill in the blanks of delivery location details, including your locality, pin code, and house number.
- Tap on the Confirm button after you’ve entered the location details.
Now, the Jio executive will ask you for your address to deliver the new SIM. You need to ask them for the MNP facility and specify whether you need a Jio prepaid or postpaid connection.
How to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number offline
If you want to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number or any other mobile number to Jio and you don’t want to proceed with the online steps or use the MyJio app, you can also port Vodafone to Jio offline as well. Now it’s a very easy process to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number offline. So just follow this simple step and port any mobile number to jio mobile number.
- First type an SMS message “Port” followed by your mobile number to 1900.
- You’ll get an SMS message from 1901 with the UPC code and its expiry date.
- Now, visit your nearest Jio Store or Jio Retailer with the UPC code and your address and identity proof.
- Collect a new Jio SIM and wait for 24 hours to activate the Jio SIM.
You have to wait for 24 hours to activate the new Jio SIM. Because it takes some time for activating the new SIM. After the SIM is activating enjoy the service.
FAQ- Frequently Ask Question:
Q. How can I port my Vodafone to Jio Online?
Ans. If you want to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number online, so follow our article “How to port Vodafone to Jio mobile number online at home” and take this necessary step to port your mobile number.
Q. How can I port my Vodafone to Jio Offline?
Ans. For porting your Vodafone number to Jio, generate the unique porting code offline by sending an SMS ‘PORT’ followed by a space and <10- digit Mobile no.> to 1900. The UPC will be sent to the same mobile number. SMS charges are applicable as per your current plan.
Q. Is porting to Jio free?
Ans. No, it’s chargeable. But The porting charges are the same for all operators. You may be required to pay up to Rs. 19 for porting to Jio.
Q. How long does it take to port from Vodafone to Jio?
Ans. If you are porting in within the same telecom circle, the number will be activated within 3 working days after successful validation. But if you are porting into another telecom circle, it will take up to 5 working days. Your services will not be interrupted in the intervening period.
Q. How many times we can port a SIM?
Ans. If you port your mobile number once, you can port that mobile number after 90 days again. As per TRAI rules, this minimum period is required. Because to enable the service provider to recover the customer acquisition cost.